Any volunteering that requires you to be with students – chaperones, lunch parent, etc. – requires that the Parent/Guardian be VIRTUS TRAINED. To register for a VIRTUS training Session follow these instructions:
- Visit virtus.org
- Click “First-Time Registrant” in the left sidebar
- Click “View a list of Sessions”
- Select “Brooklyn, NY (Diocese)” from the dropdown menu and click “select.”
- Once you find an upcoming session that works for you click “Start Registration” at the top of the page and create a User ID and Password.
- You will have the option to select the training session you would like to attend. (There are sessions in languages other than English. Some sessions are also LIMITED to a particular parish/school/academy.)
Once you have completed the session, please submit a copy of your certificate to the school office.